It was the biggest CPI National Conference ever! It took faith to move to a new venue but God filled it up, and He blessed and we did not have to turn one person away. Attendance was over 700 people for the first time. The children’s ministry had 218 children in it! We continue to minister to the new families God is sending to Japan.
|“I saw the need for vision and equipping our people more!”|
Elaine worked hard in registration and taught a session in the “Gospel Track” on spiritual renewal. John shared two workshops along the lines of his two recent books, one on church multiplication, the other on Japanese culture and the gospel. All our presentations went very well. We were glad that our two new books were available at the conference: Bible study book, and Church Multiplication in Japanese.
But the real impact is in the lives that were transformed. We are so grateful that God sent His Spirit to teach and guide us all.
- “I feel that I have been reminded not only of the gospel but my need for the gospel every day.”
- “I will wake up in the morning with a renewed sense of joy rather than fear, anxiety, and guilt.”
- “I saw the need for vision and equipping our people more!”
- “I will focus more on sharpening our training and multiplication.”
- “Getting to network with other church planters and hearing about things that are working in Japan has widened and informed my understating of possible ways to plant.”
The CPI Conference brought new vision, possible partners, new ideas, and encouragement. So many new people got a good footing in church planting ministry in Japan. Now we are following up with leaders who want to collaborate to multiply churches throughout Japan. Our CPI Leadership Team is re-calibrating to deal with this growing interest in church multiplication. Continue to pray for the CPI leadership and for the Operations Team.