We had an excellent CPI Leadership Team Retreat on Sep 4-5. A record typhoon kept three members stranded on the bullet train for over 10 hours. We planned for our next national conference in 2019 (our 25th anniversary!), brainstormed developing leaders and training, and other expanded ministry in the months and years ahead. Keep praying.
The registration for the Global Church Planting Network meeting in Macau in November is up. This is the first time we had registration in Chinese. Looks like bigger than last year’s Japan consultation.
HIGHLIGHTS FOR INTERCESSION – SEP and OCT
- John continues to struggle with acute bronchitis. Pray for a complete recovery.
- John trains at the Hiroshima First Steps seminar Sep 24, 25. Already we expect over 30 for our Church Planting First Steps training.
- Elaine’s classes and Bible studies are off to a good start this fall. Pray that good relationships are built, and Elaine can share about Christ clearly.
- We have to renew our Japan visas in a few weeks. Pray that the process will go smooth (unlike others we have heard of lately).
- John preaches again at The Bridge Fellowship church in Shimo-kitazawa October 21st.
- Continue to pray for a Japanese pastoral couple we are currently mentoring in spiritual renewal.
- There are several key events coming up this fall. Pray for Preparation, good registrations, and great influence.
- October 16-17 Church Planting Vision Festa in Nagoya. Already over 100 are planning to attend. This is all Japanese led, please pray for the leaders.
- October 17-18 CPI Urban Church planting seminar sponsored by City to City.
- November 6-7 CPI Church Planting “Leaders, Staff, & Team” seminar in Osaka
- November 13-15 The East Asia Region of Global Church Planting Network will be meeting in Macao. Other regions throughout Asia will be joining us.