WHAT HAS GOD DONE?
- We heard from a Japanese publisher, Word of Life Press, that they are interested in publishing my book on church multiplication! PTL! The translation first draft is just completed and is now being reviewed by a content editor. The publisher plans to have it done in time for the Vision Festa in July and for the CPI Conference this fall! Pray for the next steps and for a smooth schedule.
- We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary a bit early with a trip to Mashiko city, a famous Japanese pottery center. Along with looking at pottery we had a lesson on how to turn our own pottery. We both had a wonderful time on this short trip.
WHAT CAN WE PRAY FOR?
- Next week April 9-11 is our mission’s Annual Meeting/Reunion called Field Council. Elaine has a lot of preparations. Ask God to give wisdom and encouragement as we plan together.
- Keep praying for our very first Japanese Grace Week May 27-30. We have started the training online group for the spiritual mentors. Registrations have started and are coming in. Pray we get 18-20 participants. Please pray for John as he builds this gospel renewal system. This is really stretching John in many ways. Pray for faith and skill. Pray for the mentors and the presenters as they prepare.
- Japan is in an historic transition. The current emperor will resign on April 30th. The new emperor will assume his duties on May 1st and the new Reiwa era will begin. Some of this is government and politics but some can also be traditional Japanese religion. Pray for Japan.
- We are very heavy with several writing projects right now. Elaine is trying to get out her bilingual Bible study and John is working on a new book on Japanese contextualization and the gospel.
- As registration for the November 13-15 CPI National Conference has opened, pray it will sell-out again! Already we have about 50 registered. Pray for all the preparations busily going on.